Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Recycled Paint Cans?...we can do it

One of the my trash to treasures finds is this recycled 'Sweet Pink Personalized Paint Can'. I have to admit, I didn't purchase it on the day I saw it, but on the next day at one of my favorite elite stores. Honestly I didn't want to spend $1.98 on a old can but I was fascinated by the idea. I studied it over and when I returned to work..I just couldn't remember all the details...to share because there were so many! I know...the chances were very slim that the can would still be there, especially because I decided I wanted it. Because the store was having so many, many items coming in, the can was still there on the same shelf waiting for me. Ordinarily if I come back a 2nd look, it's usually gone. I can and honestly have be caught up in purchase 'way too many items' so I'm trying hard to be realistic and a good 'Trash to Treasures artsy Lady'. The can really had me thinking of all sorts of things, mostly the message I 'can' do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I am ticked pink, in the way the artsy person decorated this can! My ideas for a 'Can' recycled are many. An aluminum can is a great container to preserve memories. Here are a few ideas to consider-
A memory can, filled with memories about a special person such as your 'Grand Mother or Grand Father'. Our daughter made a memory jar for her Grand Mother (Baba) and it is priceless. Some other ideas...a 'Candy Can' to hold your favorite sweets, a 'Recipe Can' filled with favorite family recipes, to gift a new bride in the family, a 'A this and that nails, a can for nails and screws for the man in your life (decorated with his favorite Sports team or hobby). Another idea is a 'Sewing can' decorated/personalized for someone special with bright fun or vintage buttons (inside; button, pin cushion w/straight pins, new scissors and assortment of different colored threads). Maybe a 'Lace Can' holding an assortment of cards of lace or ribbons to decorate with? Maybe a 'Cookie Can' gift for a new neighbor or friend (tying the cookie recipe to the handle). I think my favorite/most useful idea is a 'Hot glue gun can' because it is the just right safe container when I go to put it away. The glue gun can set inside the bigger can holding supplies/glue sticks. 

I invite your to share your recycled 'Can' ideas. Isn't the message "You Can Do It" Keep in mind that some cans are way too messy to clean. There are places that sell clean cans in assorted sizes and shapes. Happy canning friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment