Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Trash and Treasures Cottage

Thank you for visiting to my N2 Trash to Treasures blog spot. This is my first post and it's about the Trash and Treasure miniature Cottage I found. Finding this treasure has delighted me and really got me going... My plan to is share the trash N2 treasures that I find and I invite you blogger friends to share yours. I will have 'link' parties and we will all have fun I promise. They say one person's junk is another person's treasure. We will show that to be true.

Just a few weeks ago, I walked into the Old Town Architectural Salvage (Antiques and Art Gallery) store in my hometown Wichita, Kansas. I will try to describe this store by saying it's like stepping into into an old European Antique store...stepping back in time. Last fall, my daughter in law Tina and I went out browsing in Waterloo, Belgium. This store has the same feel, similar trash and treasures and the prices were fairly comparable. Some day, if I ever have the extra money, I'd love to purchase the huge antique stain glass window of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane that is facing the St. Francis street. It takes my breath away. It needs to be in a wonder place of honor...maybe a Prayer Chapel. As I grow older, I'm getting better being just a looker. I'm learning that there is a simple pleasure in browsing.

As I walked further into the store, the miniature 'Trash and Treasure Cottage' caught my eye and captured my attention for at least 15 non-stop minutes. I just never seen anything like it! The pictures to follow...to show and tell. This handmade creation was on sale for $25 dollars (original asking price $70). It was my lucky day! I tell my family and friends, I had at least $25 of entertainment those first 15 minutes just looking this beautiful miniature Cottage over. OK...like a little girl at the candy store...I just had to take it home. I am a little girl at heart and I found another doll house. Over the years, I've had two or three and passed them on. This one is a keeper! I think I found a treasure. Oh, of course it's my family's too...our grand daughters and I play the game 'I spy' and look for something.  Fun!

As I cashed out, I laughed and told the sales guy, "You probably won't see me again...when my husband sees what I bought today, he's going to kill me." LOL. I better get back to that store, to reassure him that I'm alright.

View into the South Window.
Come on in....
Do you see my roll of tape? I left it there accidentally...but it will give you an idea just how teeny everything is.
I added one thing so far...the little Christmas wreath (I taped it outside the door). Look at the little door knob.
Little itsy bitty shutter hinges and the window shutters. I wonder if do they open and close?
Do you see the tiny trumpet inside the window by the books? The lattice is set so even.
This is one of my favorite views....the toys! Do you see the perfume bottles (created by little plastic beads? The Sears Roebuck Company catalog, the balls of colored yarn and bolts of fabric, the old ring of keys hanging by the door?) The tiny lace cloth on the table it such a good fit! The little string of pumpkin lights are a delight...someone is thinking about trick or treating for sure! Do you see the  itsy bitsy Valentine card on the table?
The cards are so tiny!!! The crutches, sword and funny moose dressed in winter purple with a hat!
Indians and Pilgrims up in the attic and 'Gone with the Wind' Clark Gable looks on...
Do you see the tiny thread of white wool on the spinning wheel? Amazing!

The funny elf! Some scattered cards and bell that rings. The doors on the China Hutch open and close and there is tiny blue china in there too! Did you notice the wood plank floors and carved top of the China Hutch?
Another of my favorite views! The cups and saucers on those lace doilies are adorable! See the little bird on the top shelf? The doors open & close and the plastic, like all the windows on the cottage resemble glass! To the right is the Christmas window. I just love the Nativity Scene on the top window shelf and the string of colored lights hanging above.
Oh my gosh. This view it a hoot! The baskets and hanging bird cage are made of actual straw. I just love all the art hanging all over the place! Angels and fairies galore! The walls painted pink and the ceiling above..the nooks and crannies every where!
The silver tray..did you find the sugar bowl and cream container? Don't you just want to dig in that red sack in the corner and look at the toys inside? I do! I love the little costume masks hanging on the wall (to the left). They're ready to go to a party! That old clock is the tiniest thing...not much time there.
Do you like the butterfly art? How about the Greek hanging art piece to the right of the door? The angel sitting on the edge of the top of the window looks pretty comfy doesn't she? Who is that little girl in the wooden picture frame with the grin I wonder. 

What a beautiful Wedding photo! The butterfly framed art is so detailed.
The stuffed lion head hanging to the right is so funny! Just look at the tiny hook that the 'gone fishing' sign is hanging on. That's tiny!
Those bear paper dolls behind the table are the cutest!!!!
Add caption
Two stories...where's the stairs?
The hanging plant looks so real and the trim outside the Cottage is so perfect. I love the little bricks of different shades of pink and red! All...the same exact size.
So charming!!!
 Stay tuned because there will be a little more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment